Positively Reggae

It's Coming Out Of Your Speaker did send me this one, this is what he had to say about it:
Positively Reggae by Various Artists
1995 promo compilation put together by Sony subsidiary as part of some Keep Kids in School campaign. Its just a funny record to me, mostly because it features a handful of artists who don't quite strike me as role model material. Like, Bounty Killer telling kids to stay in school is funny to me b/c I imagine him like this, in front of a class of small frightened children >

01. Shabba Ranks - Mothers and Fathers
02. Born Jamericans - Where we're Comin From
03. Patra - Free Di Youth
04. Shaggy - No Way Around It
05. Vicious - Respect
06. Worl-a-Girl - Back to School
07. Tony Rebel - Teach the Children
08. Mad Cobra - Unity
09. Bounty Killer - Go To School
10. Mega Banton Ricky General Shirley McLean - Peace We Want
11. Damian Marley - School Contraversy
12. Lt. Stitchie - Be Humble

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers